Sunday, March 23, 2008

Elimination

Being eliminated from a competition that you've strived hard must be a bitter experience.

At least, to me, it was a real letdown.

I was surprised that after years, when the distasteful lost was mentioned again, my emotion was moved by it.

Well, maybe it was the first time I spent all my effort yet the goal was not realised.

Given the dismay, it has been quite difficult to light up the blaze of passion and courage for the second time.

I still have them with me, but with slight limitations. No longer at the expense of everything.

Some will argue that it is a symbol of growth. Different consequences are considered and various conditions are balanced in decision making. It is a growth in rationality. No longer at the expense of everything.

This doesn't seem relevant to me.

The fact is, I was eliminated from a competition. And now, I am eliminated from an arena that only accept regretless and infinite impartation.

7 comments:

  1. hahahhaha. I'm VERY GOOD.
    don't worry^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. infinite impartation... such a profound phrase that I have to double-check the meaning in the reference book containing an alphabetical list of words with information about them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. walau...long time no see...english getting more n more gao ji...

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog
    nice written

    anyway
    i only bully ppl who i love
    see how i torture sotong then u know i don't love you that much

    ReplyDelete
  5. look forward my dear...
    i move forward dy,
    so must you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been busy lately? So long never update dy... Getting involved in what activities this time round?

    ReplyDelete