Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1st Poetry Attempt

Call me BOLD & BRAVE! I enrolled in 'Poetry' as one of my last semester subjects. Something I have no idea even if it's in mandarin.

We had a tutorial about Sonnet. So we spent 15 minutes on writing our own Sonnet - the 14 lines alien - and here goes mine:

Mr. Christ walked into the tunnel
Cats' scratches, dogs' barks, that's all I heard
He screamed, he cried, he wept, he startled
Out from the dark hole wiping his bloody beard

In his eyes, there's no fear
Pulling the tails all along the rail
In his eyes, there's no gentle
Kicking the bodies to unblock his trail

Tripped over a stone, he knelt down
Shall he get back to the picturesque town
Picking pebbles from the ground
Playfully lifting his sister's gown

Never be lied you are sealed off danger
Tunnel-trained Mr. Satan is the true ranger

5 comments:

  1. whoww.. is he a psychotic? he killed the animals and dragged them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're taking poetry??
    Indeed, a very bold move haha but I think you'd benefit tremendously from these seemingly "excruciating" poetic attempts haha
    It'd bring your already competent writing up to another level~~
    All the best ^_^
    And once again, great job for TADA!!!
    I haven't had time to listen to the recent ones but I'm sure you did well all the same =)
    Oh one more thing, I need to ask you about Advanced Writing, as in the criteria and everything. I'm trying to look for something interesting I can write about here haha so when I go back I wouldn't have trouble thinking of topics to write about~~
    Anyway hope to talk to you on msn soon =) Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best! You might fall in love with the verses while you are at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Yi hui!! wah u are taking poetry ah, and hey i wrote poem before when i was in primary 4 i think hahaha, forced by my English Tuition teacher to wrote it, class activities and somehow got chosen to published on the class made newsletter. I still got the poem somewhere in my house and man no matter how many time i read it it's so lame~

    Speaking of poetry, Western high school all kinda strong in this, they have days like poetry weeks or Shakespeare weeks where everyone can feel free wrote their own poem or share the pieces of their favorite work by writing it around the school ie walls, floor with chalk, so everywhere u walk u will see some poem, some are really good, u won't think it's written by some year 9 (form 1) student.

    ReplyDelete