Monday, June 15, 2009

Prose Poem 1 - I Should Have Treated You Better

It has been three years, dear. I still remember you were my only companion when I first came here. For the first few nights, I hid in the quilt listening to your whisper. The Unchained Melody calmed my fear. You have never stopped singing since then, with love and tender.

I know it wasn’t easy. I was unreasonably unpredictable. I lingered on you so much during autumn and desolated you in July winter. You, in the corner of the room, gave me a sorrowful glance. No, I did not forget the sleepless nights you spent with me – enduring deadlines and Red Bulls. It’s just that, I did not know how to return your favour.

Was it revenge? It was on Bourke you disappeared. Then you came back with scars and dirt. You were so cool, ignoring my care and tears. No matter how I pled and bent, you remained in your upright posture. And showed me your blue screen of death.

2 comments:

  1. ask your parents to buy new one. tell them, "it's time for a change!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 po, how are ya? Have you finished your exam? I am planning to go Melbourne on 24th but that stupid swine flu is breaking out. Hope that i can see ya soon! Good luck! =)

    ReplyDelete