Saturday, December 15, 2007

Update 3

Frankly speaking, I reckon this is not an interesting job (as the interesting and important parts wouldn't be delegated to trainees). It is neither a fruitful one. I didn't learn much for my studies or career.


My lovely colleague, Eunice, changed my perception on this job.


Work, to me, is to be done effectively. Effective means finish my task with highest quality in the shortest time length. Hence, 'finish the job assigned well' has been my ultimate goal. Eunice's short lecture has rang the bell. She made me understand that I've mislocated my goal.


Trace back to my initial thought of taking up this internship, I was hoping to learn something through working in the corporate world. This thought, however, has been abandoned throughout the process. I was trying hard to show that I'm capable and effecient instead of learning for my own good.


A very simple and ostensibly useless job can be a rewarding one. For example, I was assigned to download the annual reports of the public listed companies. I could just download everything like a downloading machine. The alternate way is to read the annual reports while downloading them (of cos, not read the entire thing. The numbers are boring :P).


Through the reports, I understand more about the figure - 20% people in the world control 80% of wealth. The same people repeatingly appear in the board of directors of different companies. It means that this minority of people, also known as the 'elites', are making profit from the majority of the large companies. What about those in the middle-class? Too bad, they are only either the consumers or the minority shareholders. Not to mention those in the grassroot who are lack of the capability to join this capital market.


And blah blah blah... too much can be discovered.


Yesh... keep it up. Continue learning!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, those numbers are boring... but since you are using adobe reader, you can just search for the keywords, rite?

    Yes, keep it up! Good luck =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, keep it up~~~you will benefit from it:):)
    Gambateh~~

    ReplyDelete