Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Goodbye 2007 3

It's 9 Jan 2008 and I'm still evaluating my 2007, this really shows how much I procrastinate. :P

Stage play has been the biggest part of my life in 2007. Biggest as in it involved not merely the performance. It gave me excitement in dull routine; It shaped my social circle; It permeated my life with new ideas and experience.

Most importantly, I found the passion, once I got it from debate, that I've long lost.



CTG's 'HE AIN'T HEAVY, HE'S MY FATHER' was like an abecedarium for me. I've never involved in any play before this. I really have to thank Tandi for teaching me the ABCs of a play. On the stage, the body has to face the audiences by at least 45 degrees, voice projection needs to be big enough to reach every corner of the theatre, magnification of everything is an essential element, etc etc.

That was also the very first time the foundation on my face was six inch thick... Oops... sorry, get used to 'magnification' dy~



CMG's 'TAILS' was a totally different experience from what I had in CTG. I got to sing! With orchestra and band! Sorry for the sound pollution larrr... but I can't help cos I love singing tooooo much *thick face*

The opening of the orchestra - violins quavering our soul and clarinets inebriating the air - has pyrographed in my heart. Oh yea, and a charming conductor - Russell! (Perhaps he's charming only at tt moment :P)

It was also a play where people from all walks of life integrated. We had musicians, architects, doctors, businessmen, lawyers, artists, scientists, media practitioners, psychologists, engineers, (-to-bes) and so on. The ways these distinct people deal with things and each other were enough to teach plenty lessons.



Nonetheless, the most precious thing I've got from CMG is a bunch of PIGGY-DOGGY-PALS (猪朋狗友). Err... sorry ar weichi, the guy in the bottom left corner has taken ur seat XD. Oops, km n ta weren't there too :(



Midnight Production's 'WILD ORCHIDS' was the most meaningful production that I've done.

It was not just about acquiring my own satisfaction in acting. It was about a community. A community which is always marginalised, forgot, and discriminated.

It was a tale about the soul that was trapped in the wrong body, about the girl who was knotted by her own desire and her family's desire, and about the people around these people.

The whole production was initiated by a group of lesbians and they wanted to tell a story about Asian lesbians. They wanted the world to listen to them. I'm honoured that I had a chance to help them passing the message to the public.

It has somehow taught me to be more accepting. Although I didn't discriminate gays and lesbians, I tended to see them differently. In fact, they are just normal human like us and ought to be treated normally. The rosy glasses used to judge them need to be taken off.

Haih... next year will be a busy year for me. Hopefully Wild Orchids is not my last play~

8 comments:

  1. WAHHHH lauuuu... your english is super the vocabulously craaazeee! seems your internship is shaping your ass off! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only learned the names of the directors and ceos of public listed companies from my internship lar. Nothing more than tt.

    Keke... I got those vocabs from dictionary. I'm afraid tt i made the wrong choice of word though :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still evaluating 2007? I even haven't finish posting 2007 entries =.=

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hey~ looks like 2007 is a very colorful year for u! too bad i missed the last few months of 2007~ =(
    is okie~ we will continue the fun in malaysia!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, your friend made a good point - your English improved a lot le!!!

    *Envy envy*. Both your stage experience and English!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe... u'll notice how bad is my english when u see me in person.
    no time to think, no dictionary, no practise, n no revise
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually from where you learn those bombastic vocab??
    You check what dictionary wo??
    So geng one..

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. errr... have you heard bout 金山词霸?
    type in chinese there then get the english vocab
    but better double check the english vocab online.
    cos sometimes the jin dictionary just created its own vocab de. XD

    ReplyDelete